The prom is one of the most special nights in a young woman’s life. It’s her last night as a teenager, and she wants to look her best for all those pictures with friends and family. But how does one choose from so many different makeup looks? We’re here to help. The key is finding something that suits your skin tone and eye color while still looking natural on you. What we want is for people at the dance to say, “Wow, this person knows what they’re doing,” instead of “oh my god, I can’t believe this person put all that stuff on their face.”
Your prom is one of the most memorable nights of your life. You deserve to look and feel gorgeous for it.
Stunning prom makeup ideas
Prom season is in full swing, and it’s time to prepare for the big day. This year, you’re going to want a makeup look that will last all night long. We’ve got some expert tips on how to get your perfect prom makeup look with these easy steps.
- Start by priming your clean skin with an oil-free moisturizer or primer before applying any other products.
- Next, apply foundation using a brush or sponge; then set with powder. You can choose liquid, mineral, cream, or stick foundations for this step, depending on the type of coverage you like best.
- Cover up blemishes and dark circles under the eye with concealer while also blending out any red dots.
Inspiring makeup looks to get you ready for prom
Prom is happening soon, and you’re probably wondering how to get your makeup done. We’ve got you covered with some tips on what to do for prom night!
- Find a color scheme that matches your dress and hair color: For example, if you have dark hair like me, find a light or bright lip color such as pink or rosy red because it will contrast well with the darker colors in my hair. If you have lighter hair, look for medium-toned eye shadows and bold lips like plum or brown since they’ll stand out better against the lighter shades of your hair.
- When choosing eyeliner (if wearing any), use black liner on the top lid and brown under the bottom lash line.